Friday 29 August 2014

Review: Zoeva Luxe Prime Makeup Brush Set

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I had been eyeing off the brush sets on the Zoeva website and so I decided I wanted the Luxe Prime set because it had a pretty good mix of face and eye brushes. I'm so glad I got these brushes because they have literally changed the look of my makeup! I can't even begin to say how amazing the quality and softness of each brush is, the best brushes I've EVER had! 

The brushes all came individually wrapped in the Large Brush Clutch so they were all in perfect condition after travelling from the factory in Germany. This may sound a bit weird but I am in love with the zips on the clutch! They are so smooth to open and close, it's amazing! I also love the pink interior and the Zoeva Colour. Love. Makeup. phrase below the inside zip. This is going to be so handy for when I go travelling to protect my brushes instead of throwing in my makeup bag. 

Now for the actual brushes!

Face
101/Luxe Face Definer: use for contouring and applying powder. This brush collects the powder really well and doesn’t end up all over my desk.

102/Silk Finish: applies foundation really evenly and allows me to blend my foundation in really well into my hair line and neck. I haven’t seen any streaks of foundation yet which used to be quite a problem. 

127/Luxe Sheer Cheek: this brush is meant to be for blush but I prefer to apply bronzer into the hollows of my cheeks. It fits perfectly in the hollows of my cheeks to give a really nice contoured look. I like to blend the bronzer up onto my cheek bones a bit to create a more natural look. 

142/Concealer Buffer: apply and blend concealer. This brush is so smooth and never fails to apply my concealer evenly and blended. 

Eyes
221/Luxe Soft Crease: perfect for blending eyeshadow from the lid into the crease. Holds the pigment of eyeshadows really well and doesn't give much fall out. 

227/Luxe Soft Definer: smoothly and lightly blends eyeshadow from the lid into the crease for a delicate look.  

224/Luxe Defined Crease: blends the eyeshadows in the crease really well to create a blended look instead of a definitive line across the crease. 

231/Luxe Petit Crease: perfect for applying colour into the crease 

234/Luxe Smoky Shader: holds eyeshadows amazingly to apply onto the lid, I hardly ever have to go back and pick up more eyeshadow!


317/Wing Liner: the most soft eyeliner brush ever! Previous I've had sort of hurt my eye because I can't get the liner/shadow on enough but I can hardly feel this on my eyelid! 

I know I will definitely be getting more brushes from Zoeva and maybe so makeup as well! Does anyone recommend any makeup from there?

- Emily xx







3 comments:

  1. Makeup brushes! I can't never have too much of them ♡ Is this Australian or European brand? I'm always interested in new makeup brush brands. I recently posted about Piccasso makeup brushes and false lashes http://bit.ly/1mNbVu3 the quality is amazing..easily beats MAC brushes and false lashes...
    Congrats on starting your blog^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. European! I believe they are from Germany. I would definitely recommend them, I think better than MAC as well :) Thank you xx

      Delete